Friday 5 September 2008

Buckets and Spades



Tomorrow morning The Toyboy Trucker and I will be jetting off to sunnier climes for our late summer holiday (cue Cliff and the Shads? Er, no, on second thoughts...).


We'll be staying here - in a hotel right on this glorious beach and this will be the view from our balcony - while Elle and The Doctor are left in charge of the house, and more importantly, the cats...

To be honest I don't really care if Elle and The Doctor have a week-long orgy and trash the house (it probably wouldn't notice...) as long as they feed the cats twice a day with their proper favourite meals (which I've left and carefully labelled) and not just any old sachets that come to hand, make sure they're all in their right beds at night, have their bit of night-night chicken breast before the lights go out, and are given masses of cuddles. Especially Jonah and Luca who are our Fluffy Boys and Much Adored.

I pine for the cats whenever I'm away and drive Elle demented by ringing every couple of hours to make sure they're all right. Then I drive myself even more demented by thinking that of course she's bound to say they're all right because she wouldn't want to ruin my holiday if they weren't and I couldn't do anything about it anyway. So now she has to send me phone photos of them with a copy of the day's newspaper behind them so I know she's not lying...

Anyway, despite missing the cats, I really am looking forward to having a week away - even if I'm not quite as svelte as I'd intended to be (I'm never quite as svelte as I've intended to be except for the time when I gave myself salmonella with a home-made and past-its-sensible-use-by-date mushroom curry and lost almost two stone in two weeks and had to be put on a drip - so not a method to be recommended really.) for my beach-appearances.

Back soon... all too soon...

No comments: